Welcome Beauty Bargain Hunters,
One my of favorite posts to read/videos to what on You Tube are "What's In My Purse" posts. I like to see what other beauty lovers like myself love so much they carry it around with them. Plus I'm noisy and love seeing the usually unknown! Hehe
Every once in a while when I'm running errands or going somewhere I need to be more hands free, I will switch to small crossover bag (like the ones I showed in my Summer Essentials). Maybe in a future post, I will show you what I keep when I travel with the smaller bag, but this is just going to focus on my large, everyday purse.
I'm a busy working mom so my purse can get messy on occasion, but I really try to keep it as clean as possible because I don't like for it too get too heavy! I also really try to keep all my daughter's stuff in her diaper bag and out of my purse for my sanity! Haha If I have a crazy weekend where stuff just thrown in there, I will try my hardest to clean it out again before the work week because it does really bother me when it's a mess! First, here is the bag:
It's from Calvin Klein, I got it at Marshalls last winter. I really love this purse, I have used it almost every day for a year and it's still in amazing condition. You can't see any wear or tears anywhere. It's a hard leather material that does not stain or fade. It's also a really nice size, you will see below all the things I can comfortably fit into it (with some extra room). I would really recommend getting purses at TJ Maxx and Marshalls. They carry a lot of high end designer brands and sometimes their prices can be cut by 50, 60 or 70% off. And you don't have to worry about getting a knock off or something damaged like you would if you bought it off Ebay or a discount site (they are not sponsoring me in any way, they don't even know I exist, I just really like their stores).
Here's what I keep inside:
My wallet is also Calvin Klein, I got it at a Calvin Klein outlet store this past spring. It is also holding up really well. It's a cloth like material though, so it is possible to get a stain on it, but so far it has not. My change purse is Coach, it actually matches a different purse that I used last year. My make up bag is an Ipsy bag that I got months ago when I was still subscribed to Ipsy. It's a hard-plastic bag that is really durable.
I keep my lip products on a side pocket in my purse so I have easy access to them (and I'm a lip product junkie so I usually keep 2 lipsticks, 2 lip glosses, a lip liner and one chapstick). Right now I have Milani Lip Liner in Nude, Revlon Brazilian Tan Lipstick, Rimmel Kate #14 (this is my go to lipstick that stays in my bag at all times), NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu, MAC Lipglass in Florabudance, Nivea Kiss of Olive Oil & Lemon chapstick and Nivea Lip Butter Pot.
Here's the other items I keep in my purse: pain reliever, hair barrettes, mini hair brush, nail file, pen, hair band, Bath & Body Works hand sanitizer and hand cream (right now I'm using one I got in an Ipsy bag, Fig & Rouge).
Here is the contents of my makeup bag:
1. ELF Shine Eraser Sheets (these are not my favorite blotting sheet, click here to see my favs, but I bought them and I wanted to use them up)
2. Visine- I'm a contact wearer so always carry this for contact emergencies.
3. Cargo On Base- This is a concealer and foundation in one it is my holy grail purse product! This is perfect for touching up any issues or if I notice that my concealer didn't cover something I wanted covered. It has a wand so you can place it precisely like a foundation, but it's a thin like a foundation. I already have a back up for this (I bought it from Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty event a couple sales ago).
4. Too Face Chocolate Soleil Bronzer- This is a baby size one I got a while back (not sure where). It's great if I need just a little bronzing touch up during the day (best blending bronzer I have ever used).
5. Becca Perfect Skin Mineral Powder Foundation- I got this off choxi.com (formally nomorerack.com) a while back (I posted the sale at the time). This powder is great for touch ups or to put on a naked face for some coverage.
6. Tweezers- For random eyebrow hairs I can't see in my bathroom but can see plain as day in my car mirror.
7. Large Travel Powder Brush- Love this brush, can use it for face power, bronzer, blush. I think I got it from Marshalls or TJ Maxx a while back.
That is everything that I keep in my purse right now! I highly recommend everything that I keep in here, they have saved me in mishaps many times before! Do you have any products that you keep in your purse and swear by? Let me know in the comments below or on my social media accounts! I love trying new things!
Happy Savings Everyone!