Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Products I Regret Buying Part 2

Welcome Beauty Bargains Hunters!



We all love trying new beauty products, it's so exciting finding new things that we love to add to our collections and make us look and feel great!  But every once in while, we all try some products that are not that we don't fall in love with.  Sometimes we think the product is not good, and sometimes it's just not good for us. But for one reason or another, we regret buying it.  I love reading and watching about what products didn't work for other people and it seems like you guys do too because I  posted a list of my product regrets a little while ago (click here to check out that one) and it was very popular! It helps same money by not buying things that might not be worth it!  Like last time I do not have pictures of these products to post because as a savy shopper, if I do not like something, I return it, sell it, give it away or if I absolutely can't find any other use, throw it away.  Please do not be offended if any of these products worked for you or if this is something you love.  Everyone is different and has different taste, these are just the products that didn't work for me. So here is what I regret purchasing and why:

Lush Tea Tree Toner Water- I love the brand Lush, but it is pricey and you can RARELY find a sale or discount.  So if I am going to pay a high full price for a product, it needs to wow me- and this did not wow me.  I first like the idea of a toner in a spray bottle but the spray didn’t really make a difference.  I did not love the smell and I didn’t really feel like it did anything wonderful for my skin- not worth the money to me.

Stila Stay All Day 10 in 1 Beauty Balm- When I first bought it, I thought it gave me light coverage that would be good for when I wanted to throw on something quick to go to the grocery store or to run errands.  But after I awhile I noticed that the color is a bit too dark for me in spots.  It’s kind of hard to explain because it doesn’t come in shades, but when you apply it, if you apply a little bit extra in certain spots it will appear darker in the area.  And it’s hard to blend out so that doesn’t happen.  So after trying a few times to make it work, I gave up and pitched it.  If you’re a pale girl like me, avoid this one!

L’Oreal Youth Code Texture Perfector PoreVanisher- I think I may have gotten a bad batch of this one.  I read/watched a lot of reviews of this product and no one else seemed to have the same problems that I did with this.  Mine had a lot of watery oil in it!  What I mean is, every time I opened it, I had to gently squeeze it for 5-10 seconds and oil would just drip out of it.  Then after the oil was done dripping, I would squeeze out some of the product and it would be covered in oil, so I would switch it to the other hand to dab some of that oil off and then I would put it on my face.  Then it was a nice primer for my face and it did help minimize my pours.  But since I had such an issue with the oil and it was a bit pricey (I did buy on sale with a coupon, of course!) I do regret buying it.

 Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara- This mascara just did not impress me.  It coated my lashes, but didn’t make them really volumized or really lengthened them.  I tried it a few times and I just didn’t love how my lashes looked and I didn’t see a reason to keep using it so I pitched it.

Maybelline Baby Lips Gloss in Taupe With Me- I was really excited when I first saw this because I thought it looked like the NYX Butter Glosses (my favorite lip gloss ever).  Why I thought these would be similar just because of the packaging, I don't know, but I did!  The product itself it just alright.  It's a basic lip gloss, it's sticky and does not have much pigmentation.  But what really made me put this on my regret list was the applicator.  It has a teeny tiny dow foot applicator that barely applies any gloss to the lips.  I seriously had to apply 4 times before my lips were fully covered (and I don't have larger lips).  So that's super annoying and makes me not even want to reach for it.

Jane Intense Color Lip Gloss in Graceful- This one definitely does not live up to it's name- at least this shade did not!  I did not feel like this had any pigmentation at all, it just made my lips look glossy.  But what really makes me regret this one is the way it feels on my lips.  It feels like I put oily on my lips.  It's not sticky, but it's just heavy and oily feeling.  I have a lot of other glosses that feel and look a lot better, so I'm not going to waste my time with this one.

Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer- I’m going to go on record as saying, I don’t like glowing primers.  I like to wear full coverage foundation, so I never see the glowing effect that any glowing primer, including this one, has ever promised me.  I got this large sample in an Ipsy bag a few months ago.  This basically just feels like it’s a lotion with some shimmer in it.  It doesn’t fill in my pores or give my face a smooth base for my foundation, so I really don’t see a purpose for it.  I tried it twice and didn’t see any benefits to it, so I’m trashing it.
Maybelline One By One Mascara- I love almost all the mascaras that Maybelline makes, but I can not like this one.  This is actually the second one I bought because I thought I should give it a second try… and I still don’t like.  Basically, it lumps all my lashes together.  It’s kind of ironic since it’s called one by one, but it actually takes about 10 lashes and clumps them into one!  It’s also not lengthening so I really could not see any benefits from using it.  So I’m trashing it to the second time and I definitely not be purchasing it again!

Hard Candy Plumping Serum Volumizing Lip Gloss in AllAmerican Girl- This lip gloss was just not effective to me in of the ways I wanted it to me.  The color looks beautiful in the tube, it does not show up on your lips at all.  No matter what shade of lipstick I wore with it, it just looked like a clear gloss.  Plus I did not see any significant plumping in my lips.  It may have plumped my lips a tiny bit, but not enough to want to wear it for that effect.  A plus of it though is that it did not cause any pain on the lips like some plumping products can but I'm still not a fan.
Revlon Color Stay Smoky Shadow Stick- I bought these probably 2 to 3 years ago.  This was one of the first shadow sticks at the drug store and I bought these on recommendation of a beauty You Tuber.  At first I thought I liked them, but as other ones came out, I realized these were not that great.  They are not very pigmented, I felt like it took a lot of work to build up the color on my eyes.  They also kind of felt a little greasy on the eyes lids, which is the last thing oily girls need!  So I pushed them to the back of my collection and finally decided there was no point in keeping them when I have so many awesome eye shadow sticks that I do actually use!

Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette- This one might be shocking to some people and not to others.  It's shocking because it's Urban Decay, they are an extremely popular brand, especially for their eye shadows, especially palettes.  But this palette in particular has not been talked about a lot on beauty blogs or by beauty You Tubers and I think I know why now.  I wanted it the second I saw it because it was UD and my favorites palettes ever are my Naked 1 and 2.  Also, the gray colors were different for me, I mostly have eye shadows in neutral shades like tans and browns so I thought if I was going to try more smoky shades, UD shadows would be a great way to try them.  I swatched the palette in Ulta before I bought it and there were a few shades that stood out to me and I wanted immediately (High, Dirtysweet, Rador, and Armor).  So I got this during the Sephora VIB sale to save on it.  But I was disappointed from the first time I wore it.  The matte shades (Whiskey, Combust and Password) don't really blend well together.  They are all great shadows and very pigmented but it was hard to wear them together (which I feel was important to make a great look with this palette).  Also the blending shade I wanted to wear with a lot of my smoky looks, Armor had huge chunks of glitter it in.  And a lot of the shades (especially Armor) had ton of fall out, after I applied it, I looked like I took a bottle of glitter to my eyes and cheeks!  I still really liked the colors High, Dirtysweet and Radar, but liking 3 shades is not really a reason to keep an entire palette to me, especially since they are neutral shades that I could probably find something similar in a different palette.


That is all the products I regret this time!  But while I was writing this list, I thought of so many more products that I already have a bunch for my next post so stay tuned for more very soon!  If you loved any of these products and had a trick on how I could get them to work for me, please let me know in the comments below or on social media!  Also, if you have any products you regret buying, let me know that too!

Happy Savings Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment