Thursday, April 21, 2016

April Empties- Body Care Only

Welcome Beauty Bargain Hunters!



Like always, my empties bin is overflowing again!  Like I mentioned last month, I have so many empties to choose from right now that I'm going to do the next couple posts in categories and this month it's body care!  These are basically just items I used on somewhere other than my face or my hair.  I had a lot of really good ones this month so I hope you enjoy and remember these next time you make a trip for body care items!

Bath and Body Works Foaming Hand Soap- I have these in every empties post.  This is the main soap I use in every bathroom of my house.  I love it for just washing my hands, but it’s also great for quickly washing my beauty blender.  Every time I use my beauty blender, when I’m done I take 2-3 pumps of this and just scrub it a little bit and get as much make up out as I can quickly (I do a more thorough cleaning with a brush cleaner at least once per week).  I prefer this brand over any other ones, they smell the best, they last the longest and you can get them for the same price or cheaper than drug store with sales and coupons that B&BW has often.

Philosophy Vanilla Birthday Cake Body Wash- I got this in a gift set from a friend for my birthday.   I did like it, the scent really did smell like cake.  But I have to say I probably would not repurchase because it was pricey and it didn’t seem that much better than drug store ones to be worth the extra money. 

Bath and Body Works Venice Dolce Berry Body Lotion- I used this travel size lotion when I went on vacation to visit my parents.  I do really like B&BW lotions, they moisturize my skin well and last a good amount of time.  The name of this one was fitting to the scent, it smelled like berries, kind of like berry fruit punch, but in a good way.  I would purchase the full size next summer (it definitely seems like a scent made for summer time).

Burt’s Bees Body Wash- I was not a fan of this one.  I used this vacation and I just did not like the smell.  It seemed like mouthwash.  The scent is supposed to be Peppermint and Rosemary, but it just smells like mint alcohol.  I will not be repurchasing this one.

EOS Shave Cream in Vanilla Bliss- This is one of my favorite shaving creams.  My favorite part is that you can use it wet or dry.  I don’t know if I’m the only one, but a lot of  times I’ll shave my legs in the shower and then when I get out, I’ll notice that I missed a spot.  Then I’ll have to wet and lather that spot in the sink and it makes a huge mess!  With this shave cream, I can just put a little on the spot and swipe your razor and you’re done.  It’s also great to use wet, it’s like a lotion consistency.  If you like shaving with lotion or hair conditioner, you will like this one.  I will definitely be repurchasing.

Scott Barnes Body Bling Moisturizing Shimmering Body Lotion- This purchase is a big regret for me.  About 2 or 3 years ago I saw a picture in a magazine of Melissa Gorga with an amazing summer tan.  The magazine said that she was wearing this, so I went on Amazon and bought it for a ridiculous price (her skin looked that good!).  But unfortunately, when I got it, the lotion is a DARK brown that I could not get to work on my skin.  I was just too pale to get it to work on my skin (it was literally like using brown paint).  So this sat on my dresser with my lotions for a couple of years and now it smells different the consistency is kind of runny, so I’m throwing it out barely touched.

Bath & Body Works Hand Sanitizer in Brownie Mix and IHeart Cake- Having a baby, we go through hand sanitizer like crazy now!  These little ones from B& BW are perfect for throwing in your purse or baby bag.  But I actually wasn’t a huge fan of these scents (they were a little overpowering for a hand sanitizer), but I will definitely be buy more in other scents if they are on sale.

Dove Powder Deodorant- I wore this many years ago and I remember it not keeping me dry enough so I switched to Secret.  Secret kept me dry but it made white marks on my dark clothing.  I put up with it for years because being dry was more important.  But it has been a long time, so I decided to give Dove another try and this time it did not cause white marks on my clothing and it kept me dry all day.  So I definitely will be repurchasing this one with sales and coupons.

Honest Shampoo & Body Wash- I used this sample on vacation as a body wash only.  I liked it, but it was nothing special.  The scent was like normal hand soap you would find in more bathrooms, just a light citrus scent.  It was fine, but definitely not worth the price tag. I would only purchase with a deep discount because I don’t feel it’s worth more than drug store.

Crest Pro Health HD 2 Step Tooth Paste- I got this from Influenster a few months ago.  I really excited to get this because I wanted to try it, but I don’t know if I ever would have spent that much on toothpaste on my own (with sales and coupons, I normally get toothpaste for free).  I really like the concept behind  this 2 step process.  You use one product to clean your teeth and strip away all the plaque on them.  And then you use another separate one to whiten you teeth.  I felt like my teeth were really clean after I used this, but I did not see a huge improvement in the whitening of my teeth, unfortunately.  But if I could find really good sales and coupons, I would be open to trying it again!


That is all my empties for this month! What catergory would you like to see next month?  Hair? Skin care?  More make up?  Let me know in the comments below or on Instagram or Twitter!  I always read your comments and answer back!

Happy Savings Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. You really got through a lot of products! I always have the BBW hand soaps on rotation as well. You really can get them for close to the same price as drugstore brands.

    ReplyDelete