Monday, April 18, 2016

Sephora & Ulta Hauls and Mini Reviews

Welcome Beauty Bargain Hunters!


As many of you know, Sephora and Ulta recently had their sales for their VIB and Platinum Members.  This is the time of year I buy most of my high end make up (other than the 21 Days of Beauty events and Black Friday).  I will make wish lists for months, just waiting for these sales!  In fact one of my last posts was my wish list for thes sales (see here).  But sometimes you shopping cart and wish list end of looking a bit different (once you actually put all the items in your cart and see your real total, even with the discount!), so I thought I would show you guys what I actually got.  Plus I have been using some of the products lately, so for the ones I have tried, I'll also give some first impressions/mini reviews.

I ordered from the Ulta sale first:


Airbrush Soft Focus Blush Brush #113 (Haven't tried it yet)

Bare Minerals Bare Skin Complete Coverage Serum Concealer- I do really love this concealer.  It conceals my under eye circles really well, but it also highlighters my face nicely which I really like from high lighters.  It also didn't crease or settle in my fine lines.  I will keep this one and keep using (probably for special occasions since it is pricey).

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Dolce- I loved the formula of this liquid lipstick.  It dried quickly and I couldn't feel it on my lips at all.  It didn't give me the dreaded white lip ring and it looked good even hours later.  Unfortunately, I ended up returning it because of the color.  I thought looking the the swatches and tube that it was going to be a nice nude color, but when you applied it to the lips it had this gold glitter in it and it made my lips look like they are metallic gold.  I was not a fan of that, maybe next sale I'll get this lipstick in a different color!

Too Faced La Matter Color Drenched Matte Lipstick in When In Doubt- I hate the original Too Faced lipsticks because I feel the formula is too slippery, but I loved the colors so I really wanted to try the mattes.  And they were exactly what I wanted from the original formula.  The same lovely smell, same great shades, but the lipstick actually stays on your lips. Thank you Too Faced!

Laura Geller Bake Gelato Swirl Illuminator in Gilded Honey- I have been hearing people talk about this forever so I finally had to try it!  And now I know why they are talking about this!  This is the highlight of all highlighters!  You could probably see people wearing this highlight from space, it's that much of a shine!  I absolutely love it and I will keep it, but it's too much highlight for work, I'll just have it for special occasions.


My next purchase was from Sephora:



SAVING TIP: Since Ulta provides a bigger discount for their sale, any brands sold at both stores, I buy at Ulta. From Sephora, I normally just buy items that can only be purchased at Sephora.

Erborian BB Cream- One of the You Tubers I watch regularly has been raving about this BB cream for months and since it's going to be summer soon, I thought it was a good time to try a new one.  I wore this one this past weekend and I was not impressed.  It's not very good coverage (and does not build up) and I'm the type of person that it I wet my Beauty Blender and put a liquid on my face, I want to look good.  If I want to go casual I will wear nothing or a powder foundation, not a liquid like this one.  Especially with this price tag.  It this was a drug store BB cream, I would consider keeping up, but for this price, no way, it's going back!

Nudestix Lip + Cheek Pencil in Soul (Have not tried yet- but I got a Nudestix in my past Sephora order and I loved it, so I have high hopes)

Nudestix 3 Piece Mini Nude Kit Set (Have not tried yet)

Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Pure Hollywood- This is one of the worse liquid lipsticks I have ever tried.  The color was great, but everything else was not.  First, it takes like a half hour to dry and during that time your lips feel heavy and sticky and uncomfortable.  But after it dried, it showed ever line and wrinkle in my lips and looked super dry (it didn't actually feel that dry, but it looks like it).  And it also gives me the dreaded white lip ring!  All around, not good, definitely returning this one!

Then I thought I was done.  I had done enough damage to my bank account and I was done,  But then I got a text from my cousin who also loves beauty products telling me that the Gwen Stefani Urban Decay blush palette that we had been talking about that past weekend (we both missed when Ulta had it on sale) was on sale on Sephora's website plus the VIB sale discount.  I wanted that palette so badly, I could not pass it up!  So I made another purchase:



Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Blush Palette- I have only tried one shade, but I love it!  The minute I saw this palette I knew I had to have it, all the colors in here are the ones I gravitate towards whenever I select blush shades.  I just loved them all and I'm so excited to have it!

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Bow N Arrow (Have not tried yet, but I have others from this line and love them)

Sephora Rouge Cream Lipstick in Love Life  (Have not tried yet, but I have others from this line and love them)


That is it for this haul!  I think I did pretty well getting what was on my wish list lately, but not going too crazy!  I have to always remember, there will be another sale and maybe even a better one!  What did you guys get from the sale that you are loving?  Let me know down below in the comments or on Instagram or Twitter!  My wish list is small again so I have to fill it up again!  Haha just kidding!  Sort of... 

Happy Savings Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment