Wednesday, May 4, 2016

April Favorites

Welcome Beauty Bargain Hunters!




A spring month has come and gone!  Spring is my favorite season so I'm sad to see it go, but there is one more month of spring left and then it's summer which is fun too!  Like always, when I do my monthly favorites I just go into my bedroom and bathroom and pull out the products I loved the most that month.  This month I actually found a lot of repeats of other months so I'm sorry if some of it seems repetitive, but it just proves how much I love them!

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water- I know this product can be used to remove all your make up, but I prefer it as an eye make up remover (for the rest of my face I prefer face wipes).  And it's quickly becoming my favorite eye make up remover (even beating my old holy grail product).  It's not oily, it doesn't irritate my eyes and it takes off all my eye make up without took much rubbing or work.  Just purchased a second one.

Smashbox Baked Fusion Softlights- I got this during the most recent Ulta 21 Days of Beauty Event and I have really been enjoying it.  I know most people would probably use this a highlight or blush or bronzer topper, but I'm really pale and I like tanish blushes, so I have been using it for a blush and I really like it. It makes a really nice color to the cheeks and I don't even need to highlight after.

L'Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation- I was really surprised that I like this so much because I'm not really a fan of the original True Match Lumi foundation, but I have really been enjoying this one!  I have especially liked it on a bit hotter days when I wanted a thin formula but I still want full coverage.  But I have to say it is a bit pricey, so I'm still on the fence about repurchasing, I think it will depend on exactly how often this compact lasts.

Physicians Formula Conceal RX Concealer- I know you all are probably sick of seeing this product, but like I said, I just go into my make up and pull out what I'm really using and I have been using this at least a couple days a week.  For anyone who wants to know what this concealer is like, I consider this the drug store IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye concealer.  Just like that on, it's a thicker formula than most under eye concealer, but it provides really good coverage and it doesn't crease when you set it with a powder.

Benefit They're Real Tinted Lash Primer- I got this in sample size in a recently Sephora or Ulta purchase and I was so excited to get it!  The full size is pricey and I feel like mascara samples last almost as long as they full size.  I love the They're Real mascara, so I'm not surprised I loved this too.  I feel like this primer helped with the definition and volume of the mascaras I have paired it with, but especially the Benefit one I'm using right now, Roller Lash (it might just be me, but I have noticed when I use a lash primer, they usually end up working best with the mascaras in that beauty line).

Maybelline Pumped Up! Colossal Volume Express Mascara- Just started using this mascara this month and I have been enjoying it.  The wand can get a bit messy (because it's huge) but I does give me a lot of length and volume, I normally do about 2-3 coats.  But I only need to use one mascara which is rare for me, so I'm really impressed (sometimes I use my Cover Girl Clump Crusher if there is some clumping, but I don't count that, haha).

Wet N Wild Picture Perfect Setting Spray- I got this in my CVS haul a while back.  The scent is not the greatest but it's a really good setting spray.  I feel like it helps keep my make up in place all day.  Just wish the bottle was a bit bigger, I'm already almost done with it!

NYX Lingerie Liquid Lipstick in Satin Ribbon- Even after I did the Battle of the Liquid Lipsticks, I'm still trying out new ones!  I got a few of these when NYX was buy two get one free from Ulta.  I really liked all three.  It's rare to find nude lipsticks that look well in liquid lipstick on the lips and these do!  I like all three shades that I got, but this one is my favorite.


Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Bow N Arrow- I loved the formula of this liquid lipstick in Lolita and Lolita 2 when I tried them for my Battle of the Liquid lipsticks (click on link for formula details).  So I thought I should also get in a my favorite, nude and of course I have been loving this one too!

Nudestix Lip + Cheek Pencil in Whisper- This shade might be my favorite shade of nude ever.  I have worn it 3 or 4 times this month and I was in love with my lips each time, no matter which lip gloss I paired with it.  I have tried a few others and I have not liked any of them half as much as this one, but I'm going to keep trying the rest of the line just in case (and buying like 3 back ups of this one! Haha).

ELF Lip Exfoliator- With all the liquid lipsticks I have been trying, I have been exfoilating my lips almost every morning and this is my favorite on.  It's way less messy than ones in pots.  The only downside of this one is that you go through it really quickly but it's only $3 and you can get it at Target, so I don't mind repurchasing often!

That is all the products I have been loving this month!  I just got from things from the drug store (look out for a haul soon!) so I'm sure I will have some more favorites soon!

Happy Savings Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment