Monday, May 23, 2016

Play! by Sephora May Box


Welcome Beauty Bargain Hunters!


After months of being on the wait list, I FINALLY was able to sign up for the Play! By Sephora beauty box.  If you are not familiar, a couple months back the beauty store Sephora started with own beauty box subscription service (like Ipsy or Birch Box).  Everyone wanted to sign up immediately but they started out small and only allowed people in certain areas of America to sign up.  Then recently they allowed more people, and that's when I was able to go on the site and sign up!  So since this is my first box, I thought I would show it to you all in case you were interested when they are available.  Here is what I got this month:


The packaging is really cute.  The box is black and white which goes with Sephora's color scheme.  Then all the products were in this adorable little pouch that I will definitely keep.  This will be good for travel for jewelry or hair ties or something small like that.  Then here are the products:


Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in the shade Kimchi (mini size)- I love Bite Beauty lipsticks, I actually own one full size lipstick and one dual sided lipstick from the brand already, and I loved them both.  I would normally be super excited to get this in a subscription box, but i just don't like the shade of this one.  It's basically the brightest pink I have ever seen.  If you read my blog often, you know I'm a nude shade lover, and this one is just too out of my comfort zone to even try.  So I think I will try to pass this one to my mother or someone else who would love to rock a bold lip.

Brigeo Don't Despair, Repair Deep Conditioning Mask- I was really happy to see this hair mask in my bag this month.  My main reason for signing up for Play boxes was so that I would be able to try high end products without having to play the full high end product prices before I knew if they actually worked.  This hair mask retails for $26, so it will be so nice to actually get to sample it before I consider spending that much on it.

Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine- When I first opened the bag, I was not thrilled to see a perfume sample in there, you can get those at any store you go into.  But I think I heard in on of the past Play! unboxings that I watched that there will be a perfume sample in each box, but it doesn't count as an item so that's good.  I also was a bit more impressed with the sample when I looked online and found out that the full size of the perfume cost $120!  So basically this sample is the only way I'm ever going to get to use this perfume! Haha

Tarte Tarteist Lip Crayon in Latergram (mauve)- Another item I was really happy to see in there.  I know Tarte just came out with a lot of new lip products and this is one of them.  I do really like the shade (I swatched it as soon as I opened the box) and I don't have a ton of lip liners, so I'm really glad to have another one and try something from their new product line.

Origins Maskimizer Skin Optimizing Primer and Origins Mask Samples- Like with the other products, I like that I get to try a high end brand product without having to pay the full high price for it.  But at the same time, now there is a mask primer?  We are priming for everything now!  It will be nice to try, but I really don't need ANOTHER product to add to my skin care routine!  It will have to be really amazing for me to consider it!

Korres Wild Rose Sleeping Facial Moisturizer- This is the bummer of my bag!  I got the tiny box that this moisturizers comes in, but the box was empty!  There was no moisturizer inside of it (see picture below)!  I'm super bummed that I didn't get the product.  Their website says that if an item is missing you have to call their normal customer service phone number.  I will try to do this, but with my busy schedule (I barely find the time during my work day to make doctor appointments by phone) I don't know if I will get to doing it.  I hope as the subscription service gets more popular they will introduce some online customer service options.





So that was my first Play! by Sephora box!  If it was not for the missing product, I would have said this was a really successful box and I do fee like I got my money's worth!  It was a nice range of make up, hair and skin care products.  If I do contact customer service about the missing item, I will let you know how that goes.  If you are interested in this box, I would say sign up for the wait list, but also keep a look out on Twitter and Instagram for people posting that they were able to sign up.  And don't be afraid to keep trying to sign up.  I tried like 5 times before I heard from a friend on Instagram that they were accepting new subscribers and I tried again and finally got it.  I'm sure it will be available for everyone soon!

Happy Savings Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment