Thursday, May 12, 2016

Products I Regret Buying Part 3

Welcome Beauty Bargain Hunters!



Being a beauty product lover (and blogger) one of my favorite things to do is try new beauty products!  Even though I probably have enough of each type of beauty product to last a lifetime, whenever I see or hear about something new, I'm always looking for a good deal to buy and try it!  I have to say most of the time, if it's a product that was recommended by other bloggers or You Tubers, I do like it.  But sometimes I don't and I know everyone loves hearing about the products that don't work out just as much as the ones that do work out!  This way if you are considering buying the product, you can another perspective on it.  So here are the products that recently did not work out for me.  Like everyone says in these posts, please do not be upset if I name a product that you love.  I'm not saying the product is horrible or that I hate the company, I'm simply saying that this product didn't work for me and why.

ELF Tone Correcting Powder- I bought this powder hoping it would be similar or a dupe for the NYX Radiant Finishing Powder.  I know that powder is pretty cheap, but every dollar counts, right? The powders look similar in the pan and they look the same even when you swatch them, but unfortunately they did not work the same.  With the NYX powder, I take a fluffy brush and swirl all the colors together and brush it on my under eye/cheek area and my forehead and it just brightens the areas.  It's not a sheen or a glow like a highlighter, it's just a nice brightening look.  With the ELF powder, I can't even tell I put it on.  I don't feel like my face looks any differently after I apply it.  I don't think made my face look brighter or really correct anything.  Since I don't see any improvement wearing this one, there really is no point to putting it on.

Wet N Wild Idol Eyes Creme Shadow Pencil- I should have known this product was not going to be the greatest.  First, because I never heard anyone talk about it ever (normally I hear a blogger or beauty vlogger mention a product at least once, whether it's good or bad.  Second because it was only $.99.  Now I'm a firm believer that you can find quality products at good/cheap prices, but when things are that cheap, you do have to be more cautious because you are more likely to find not so great items sometimes (let's just say the hidden gems are further and far between when the prices are super low). But I saw this at a drug store and I needed one more Wet N Wild product for a deal, so I bought it.  This was a big fail for me.  When I applied eyeshadow over it, the colors were not a vibrant as when I used other cream eye shadows as a base. I did an eye to eye comparison and there was a huge difference!  And also by the end of the day I felt like my eyeshadow had faded and was barely noticeable on my eyelids.  So I'm trashing this one!

NYX Conceal Correct Contour Palette- I kind of fell for the hype with this one.  When I saw this palette I thought it would be perfect because it had shades for when I was tan or pale and colors that I could put under my eyes to camouflage my dark circles.  The first few times I used this I thought it was really good and I think I actually put it in a monthly favorites.  But then recently I noticed I was never reaching for it.  I started thinking about why and I think the formula is actually not that great.  They are kind of greasy, and the concealer shades are difficult apply over my foundation without messing up the foundation.  And the shades for under the eyes were not as pigmented as I was hoping they would be.  I would have apply a lot to get it to show up and I would have to tug on my under eyes (which anyone over 30 knows is not good).  So unfortunately I'm going to have to pitch this one (I have had it too long to take it back and I'm used it too much to pass it on).

Colour Pop Highlighter in the shade Spoon- This is a just a shade pick regret!  I love Colour Pop highlighters in general, I have a couple other shades that I really enjoy but this one in Spoon is not for me!  Basically, it's a glitter in a jar.  When I put in on my skin, all I see is huge specs of glitter bouncing off the light.  This might be good if you were going to a club or Vegas but for a 30 something mom like me, it's not really necessary to my collection.  So I will be passing this on!

BH Cosmetics 10 Color Professional Blush Palette- Blush palettes are like eye candy for beauty lovers!  I saw it online and wanted it just seeing all the beautiful colors.  As soon as I got it I used one or two of my favorite colors a few times and then I put it away and never reached for it.  Then a couple weeks ago I decided I needed to really try out all the shades and really decide if I should keep it.  After using all the shades, I realized that this palette can be divided two categories: shades that were not pigmented enough and ones that were too pigmented and wouldn't blend out.  There were really only about two shades that I like the shade a the pigment so that was not enough in my mind to keep the entire palette so I'm passing it on.

Laura Geller Baked Liquid Radiance Foundation-  I had two issues with this foundation, the first was it was not full coverage and it was not build-able to full coverage.  I'm a big fan of full coverage foundation, even if it's not full coverage with one coat, I like it to be buildable.  My second issue with this one is the color.  I got this in the lightest shade they make, and it still had an orange-ish tint to it.  I think to make it "radiant" they just made it orangish, but it did not look good on me.  Maybe it I was not so pale it would have worked out, but I would say if you are pale link me, stay away from it.

It Cosmetics Eyelift in a Tube Concealer- This tube is two sided, with a thick concealer on one side and a thin liquid brightener on the other.  I loved the concealer side,it really did a great job covering my dark circles.  But the brightener side ruined all of it!  Putting it over the concealer, it completely broke up the concealer and made it look horrible, I had to completely redo my eyes. And on top of ruining the concealer,  I also just did not think it brightened well.  If it cost less, I would have probably kept it just to use the concealer, but since it was a pricey product, I didn't think it was worth keeping it for a half sized concealer, so I did return it.

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks from their Buff Line- I think I probably have the record for buying the most of a product I regret buying. I own seven of these lipsticks and now I regret purchasing them!  I know this sounds crazy... but I'm a huge fan of nude lip products so when I heard Maybelline was coming out this line, I just bought them all.  They looked great in the tube, so I just bought them.  It wasn't until I got them home and started using them did I realize how much I was not a fan of them.  First, the shades are just not vibrant enough for me, a few of them, you can't even tell I put anything on my lips (but not in a "Your Lips But Better" way).  Also, I'm just not a huge fan of the Maybelline lipstick formula.  I like their matte line, but the regular line, the lipsticks just slip right off my lips.  If I eat, drink or even just rub my lips together too many times, all the lipstick is gone. So these have just been sitting on my shelf for months!

Be A Bombshell Eye Base in Submissive- The consistency is very similar to the Maybelline Color Tattoos, but they are not as pigmented.  I felt like I had to dip my finger back into the product 4 or 5 times to get as much color as with one or two swipes from a Color Tattoo.  I'm all about saving time, so I'm going to stick with the ones that get the job done faster!

Tarte Gifted Mascara- This is not a normal product regret.... I actually do like this mascara, I regret buying it because I already owned it and I didn't know it.  I didn't know it because I had the same thing in a different tube.  This mascara is EXACTLY the same as the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes.  It has the same wand, the formula is exactly the same and it tries out just as fast.  Like I said I do like both mascaras, it's volumizing and lengthening (I use it when I want a more subtle eye look, it doesn't give you a false lash look, just enhances).  I wish someone had told me this because I already have two tubes of the Light, Camera, Lashes and I could have just used them instead of buying this again in a different tube.

That is all the products that I regret buying lately! Again, please don't get offended if I mentioned something you love!  Everyone is different and can have different opinions!  But I'm still very open minded about all of these, if you know of a different way I can use any of there or if you have any tips, please let me know in the comments or on Twitter or Instagram! And also let me know any product you regret buying so I'll know for next time I go shopping!

Happy Savings Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment